Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Amandaprosjektet

The Amandaprosjektet was started by parents who had a premature baby, you can read about it at http://www.amandaprosjektet.org. They saw the need for blankets that fit inside incubators and other knit things for preemies. Tiny hats with top-openings for tubes, etc.
I made one knit blanket for them this summer, so thought I would make more. I contacted my local handicraft group (husflidslag in Norwegian) because I saw in the paper that they were regularly delivering knitted things to the Amanda people. The lady in charge gave me 3 balls of baby yarn to use. I started knitting, but the yarn is so thin that it was taking forever, so my project of goodness came to a grinding halt. I've had a bad conscious, to say the least!
However, I decided to combine three things to get restarted: 1. I really am into crochet right now, 2. I really need to use that yarn for an Amanda blanket, and 3. I really have been yearning to have a good excuse to relearn granny squares!
Sooooooooo........
I unravelled the hard-won inches of knitting and voilá! Got three finished tonight!
And now I've gotten a bit further, just have to finish putting it together, then do the edging!


Aren't these cute! 


Almost finished now, have two ready to edge!

Now the only thing left is to wash and shape them!

Cute edging, I think!


No comments:

Post a Comment