Thursday, May 14, 2015

My neighborhood, part two

I went for a walk today in another part of our neighborhood that I also love - Asker museum.
Heading over there, I was loving the view! You can see our yellow house in the bottom right of the photo:
The museum used to be a farm, which was owned by the parents of a man called Otto Valstad. He and his wife, Tilla, were very artistic. Otto painted and wrote and collected art, and Tilla wrote and taught school. They never had children of their own, so donated their property and art to Asker community. Otto died in 1950. I took lots of photos today!


There are so many inviting paths and areas of this beautiful outdoor museum!







Otto collected lots of historical buildings from around Norway, before it was fashionable to preserve old things - he was really ahead of his time!

















No comments:

Post a Comment